Monday, February 11, 2008

Japet



For at least 3 years the twins have had a make believe kingdom called Japet. (rhymes with Map-it) The Rex (king) is sometimes good and sometimes bad. They are alternately princesses or queens. Japet has it's own language, which changes frequently, and some pretty strict laws. In our homeschool we are studying Kings and Queens under the character trait of Obedience and I really wanted to build them a castle. Mike, Taylor, Tessa and I spent most of Friday cutting and painting boxes and Saturday Mike and I put it all together. Then came the fun of painting the bricks which I finished Saturday. They have been having a blast playing in it since. They are the ones who decided it needed to be the kingdom of Japet. Go figure.

3 comments:

Haley said...

That's awesome, I'm super impressed with the brick work (painting)! It's fun to create things for kids, making imagination become reality is so satisfying!

lissa said...

i stand amazed and in awe at your painting talents mother.....
hehehehe

Mom to Anyone said...

Perhaps I might gain audience with the princesses? (In other words, can I come play?)