Monday, August 18, 2008

Time marches on


When I was in my 20's and early 30's there were days when I thought I would be a mom to young children eternally. Now I am a few short weeks of being a grandmother for the second time and my 4th child is off to college this week! What happened? In my mind I am still 25, but one look in the mirror dispels that notion. It's a reflective time where I have spent a lot of time in prayer and thinking about or dialogging with friends of mine who have walked where I am walking. Saturday Lane and I went shopping for the entire day. It was good day and I told him there is something very satisfying about successfully raising a child. Don't get me wrong though, he is not gone and my heart misses him already.

2 comments:

JeremyNSunny said...

What joys ... and pain ... we have to deal with in this world! At least this pain you're suffering with this week (Lane leaving for college) is a 'good' pain, as opposed to two other kinds of pain Jeremy and I have been attempting to lend support to church friends through these past few weeks: a suicide and adultery. I pray that in the next few weeks you will make the 'joy choice' throughout the spectrum of emotions of your heart.

Mom to Anyone said...

My eyes are full of tears.